The front wings, which where remove due to the extensive rust in the Dashside Strengthener area, can only be placed back when this area and the inside of the front wings are painted. This area between the front wing and the dashside strengthener is very difficult to reach when the front wings are mounted.
I decided to paint the whole inside of the upper body shell together with the area around the dashside strengthener. I must first rid the body of paint and rust before the paint process can start . This was an enormous amount of work and I spent about 8 weeks in total to finish this job. (That why the blog was not updated for some time 🙂 )
In the next places I need to do some sheet metal repair before the painting process could start:
- In the front and rear windscreen profiles I found three places where the rust made openings in sheet metal.
All rust has been removed and the openinghas been welded and everything has smoothed with a grinder.
- The left and right door sills have several holes which don’t belong there (previous owner has used them most probably to fix the floor carpet)
Also these holes are welded and smoothed with a grinder. The left door sill had some dents so I used some putty to straighten it. (removing the dent in the sills is very dificult)
The Dashside Strengtener
The Firewall and front windscreen
The Floor and occasionally seat area
The Trunk and rear windscreen